Healthcare Foodservice Design and Equipment Fundamentals
Course time: 1 hour
This course also includes an eBook that you can download and save!
You are not alone. Most healthcare foodservice leaders don’t have any formal training in the construction process but are charged with achieving outcomes. Do you know the lingo, the process, and the team?
Have you considered what will make you a successful foodservice leader in a new construction or renovation project? This course provides the tools you need to be an engaged food and nutrition leader, advocate, and decision maker as part of the planning, design, and construction team.
A few more words about this course
After taking this course, you will be more confident in program planning, knowledge of the planning and construction process and teams, flow of food, traffic patterns, workflow design, and equipment considerations to positively impact the outcomes of your construction projects.
- Describe the basic elements of the planning and design process and members of the design and construction teams
- Document flow of food and supplies and traffic patterns using bubble diagrams
- Analyze the workflow design and make recommendations to improve workflow
- Evaluate employee workflow efficiency and customer throughput to match design, equipment, and menu
- Describe different types of kitchen equipment, use, and key considerations for selection
- Investigate opportunities to reduce the environmental and carbon footprint of foodservice operations to enhance sustainability